Vivo have just announced its latest flagship smartphone dubbed NEX Dual Screen. The company’s last high-end phone for 2018 comes with dual Super AMOLED display, triple rear camera, and an in-display fingerprint sensor. Moreover, it also packed Qualcomm most powerful mobile processor, Snapdragon 845.
The race for a complete bezel-less smartphone with a 100% screen-to-body ratio is no where coming to an end even as 2018 is drawing to an end, as manufacturers seek various alternatives to curb the bezel and enlarge the screen estate on mobile phone. The first generation NEX models used a slider design to achieve an impressive screen-to-body ratio, but the newly unveiled Dual Screen model goes for something else.
>>Do You Want To Receive Update As Soon As We Publish? join our Telegram Channel stay updated with the latest headlines--CLICK HERE
The Vivo NEX Dual Screen as its naming implied have two Super AMOLED screens, one at the front and the other at the back, both featuring Full HD resolution despite their difference in size. The front display is taller and so is its aspect ratio, which is 19.5:9; the rear display, however, settled for the traditional 16:9 aspect ratio. The displays work irrespective of each other.
As previously mentioned, the phone comes with triple rear-facing camera; the main camera has a 12MP Sony IMX363 sensor with an f/1.79 aperture, the secondary is a 2MP Night Vision camera with an f/1.8 aperture, while the third is a 3D TOF camera. Since there is no camera at the front, the rear cameras are used for selfie and for face unlock with the rear display acting as the preview screen.
Vivo said the camera facial recognition works completely in the dark, thanks to the Night Vision and TOF cameras. In addition to the dual tone LED flash that accompanied the cameras, there is also a customizable circular 16 RGB lights that encompass the camera that can be used as notification light or for other purpose. Vivo also claimed the 3D TOF camera used for the face unlock solution can be used for secured payment.
The phone is driven by a Snapdragon 845 octa-core chipset, coupled with 10GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. It runs Android 9.0 Pie based FunTouch OS, sports in-display fingerprint sensor, and is powered by a 3500mAh battery with 22.5W fast charging – quite smaller when compared with the previous models. The 3.5mm audio jack still lives though.
Vivo NEX Dual Screen Specifications
- 6.39-inch Super AMOLED 2.5D curved glass display with Full-HD+ (2340×1080 pixel) resolution, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, DCI-P3; secondary 5.49-inch Super AMOLED display with Full HD (1920×1080) resolution
- 64-bit 2.8GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform, Adreno 630 GPU
- 10GB RAM
- 128GB built-in storage (non-expandable)
- 12-megapixel rear cameras, f/1.79 aperture, Sony IMX363 sensor, 4-axis Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), Dual PD, LED flash; secondary 2-megapixel Night Vision camera with an f/1.8 aperture, 3D TOF camera with an f/1.3 aperture
- OS: FunTouch OS 4.5 based on Android 9.0 Pie
- Dual SIM
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11ac (dual band + 2×2 MIMO), Bluetooth 5 LE, Dual 4G VoLTE, 3G, 2G, GPS/A-GPS, USB Type-C, 3.5mm headphones jack
- Battery: 3500mAh, fast charging (22.5W charger)
- Dimensions: 157.19×75.3×8.09mm
- Weight: 199.2 grams
- Color(s): Ice Blue, Star Purple
The phone is available for order in China for CNY 4998 ($724 USD). It will go on sale from December 29th.