The mobile phone industry took a dive this year from the good’ol fashion regular rectangle screen to a notch screen, a trend that was started by the 2017 iPhone X. Although Apple has officially discontinued the phone, it will take some time before the trend lost its flavor. The new smartphone by Sharp comes not with only one of this but two, something we have not witnessed this year until now.
While the notch comes in various sizes, shapes, and different naming schemes; “U”, ” V”, “Waterdrop”, “Dewdrop” just to mention few, the new AQUOS R2 Compact simply go for a tiny “U” notch at the top which it inherited from its predecessor, while a larger notch is located at the bottom of the display. The top notch harbors the front camera, while the one at the bottom housed the fingerprint sensor.
>>Do You Want To Receive Update As Soon As We Publish? join our Telegram Channel stay updated with the latest headlines--CLICK HERE
The phone itself is compact in every aspect – from the screen to the height to the body weight, something we rarely see these days. It features an HDR10 certified 5.2-inch IGZO Full HD+ display that has a 120Hz refresh rate and a Corning Gorilla Glass 3 on top. The AQUOS R2 Compact is not made to be an entry-level as it packed one of the most powerful mobile processor out there, the Snapdragon 845.
Coupled along is 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage that is user expandable up to 512GB (via MicroSD card). The phone boots Android 9.0 Pie out-of-the-box. At the rear is a 22.6MP camera with an f/1.9 aperture, and there is an 8MP camera at the front. Its metal body is waterproof certified, while the whole system relied on a 2500mAh battery for power.
Sharp AQUOS R2 Compact Specifications
- 5.2-inch IGZO 2.5D curved glass display with Full HD+ (2280×1080) resolution, 19:9 aspect ratio, HDR10, Gorilla Glass 3
- 2.8GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform, Adreno 630 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB built-in storage (UFS 2.1), expandable up to 512GB via MicroSD card
- 22.6-megapixel rear camera, f/1.9 aperture, OIS, LED flash
- 8-megapixel front camera
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie
- Fingerprint sensor
- Water and dust resistance (IPX8/IP6X)
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11ac (dual band + MIMO), Bluetooth 5.0, 4G LTE, 3G, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C, 3.5mm audio jack
- Battery: 2,500mAh, fast charging
The phone is exclusive to Japan and will hit Softbank first early next year. Color options provided are Pure Black, Smoke Green, and Deep White.JOIN US @TELEGRAM TO RECEIVE UPDATE CLICK HERE