Qualcomm on Tuesday officially announced a new chipset to cater for the entry-level smartphone market, the Snapdragon 215 Mobile Platform. The new processor is made to succeed the old Snapdragon 212 Mobile Platform that was released in 2015. In this regard, it brings a lot of upgrades in every aspects – in CPU architecture, GPU, clock speed, connectivity, voice data, network data, and much more.
The new Snapdragon 215 is a 64-bit quad-core processor that is composed of Cortex A53 cores that have maximum speed of 1.3GHz (from 1.2GHz Cortex A7 on Snapdragon 212). This significantly improves the CPU performance by up to 50% when compared with its predecessor, said Qualcomm. Adreno 308 GPU is the one running the graphics show and it also brings 28% increased performance in gaming compared to Adreno 304 on the former.
>Do You Want To Receive Update As Soon As We Publish? join our Telegram Channel stay updated with the latest headlines--CLICK HERE
The Snapdragon 215 Mobile Platform supports HD+ display, dual rear-facing camera, Dual 4G VoLTE, Quick Charge, and NFC.
Check out its complete specs below:
Qualcomm Snapdragon 215 Mobile Platform Specifications
- Quad-Core— up to quad 1.3GHz Cortex A53 CPUs; 28nm LP process
- Graphics: Adreno 308 GPU, OpenGL ES 3.2, DirectX, OpenCL
- Memory: LPDDR3 RAM
- Storage: eMMC 4.5, UFS 2.1, USB 2.0, SD 3.0 (UHS-I)
- Qualcomm Hexagon DSP with All-Ways Aware Technology
- Supports up to HD+ (1560×720) display
- Video playback: 1080p @30fps; Hardware HEVC (H.265), AVC (H.264) encode and decode, VP8
- Supports up to 8MP Dual Camera (MFNR, ZSL), up to 13MP single camera, 1080p @30fps video recording
- Modem: Qualcomm Snapdragon X5 LTE Modem, LTE Category 4 with up to 150Mbps download speed and up to 50Mbps upload speed, WCDMA (HSUPA/DC-HSDPA), TD-SCDMA, CDMA 1x, EV-DO, GSM/EDGE
- Supports Multi SIM, Dual SIM Dual VoLTE (DSDV), Voice over Wi-Fi (VoWiFi) with LTE call continuity, HD and Ultra HD Voice (EVS)
- Connectivity: LTE-TDD, LTE-FDD, WiFi 802.11ac, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS, GLONASS, BeiDuo, NFC, and Bluetooth 4.2 LE
- Fast charging: Qualcomm Quick Charge 1.0
The processor will be commercially available in the second half of 2019.JOIN US @TELEGRAM TO RECEIVE UPDATE CLICK HERE
>Get all Recruitment and Aptitude test Past Questions and Answers Now--CLICK HERE ____________________________________________________________________