CLASS: SS2 SUBJECT: Further Mathematics TIME: 2½ HOURS
1. Given that x*y = √xy, evaluate 6* (18*32) (a) 10 (b) 11 (c) 12 (d) 13
2. A binary operation * defined on the set R of real numbers is such M*n = (3m-2n+1)/3, find the identity element (a)1 (b) 2 (c) ½ (d) ¾
3. Given the statements:
P: the subject is difficult
q: I will do my best which of the following is equivalent to “Although the subject is difficult, I will do my best (a) PVq (b) PVq (c) P^(~q)
>>Do You Want To Receive Update As Soon As We Publish? join our Telegram Channel stay updated with the latest headlines--CLICK HERE
4. Given that r = 2i – j, s = 2i + 5j and t = 6i-2j, find the magnitude of (2r+5-1) A. √15 B. 4 C. √14 D. √26.
5. Given that x*y = (x+y)/2, x θy = and (3*b) 48 = 1/3, find b when b >0 A. 8 B. 6 C.5 D.4
6. Given that (AB) ⃗ (■(4@3))and (AC) ⃗ = (■(2@-3)) find |(BC) ⃗ | A. 4√2 B. 6√2 C. 2√10
7. Find the angle between (5i+3j) and (3i-5j) (a) 180 (b) 90 (c) 45 (d) 0
8. Function is defined by h: x→2-1/(2x-3), x & 3/2 use this information to answer Question 8 and 9.
8.Find h-1(x) A. (3x-4)/(2x-7) B. (3x-7)/(2x-4) C. (2x-7)/(4x-3) D. (4x-7)/(2x-4)
9. Find h-1(1/2) A. 6 B. 11/6 C. 11/4 D. 5/3
10. A binary operation * is defined on the set of real numbers. R by a*b = a/b +b/a If (√(x+1))^* (√(x-1))=4, find the value of x A. 6 B. 5 C.4 D.3
11. Given that a=i-3j, b=2i+5i, c=3i-j. Calculate |a-b+c| A. √13 B. 3√13 C. 6 D. 9
12. If (ox) ⃗=(■(-7@6)) and (oy) ⃗ = (■(16@-11)) find (xy) ⃗ A. (■(-23@-5)) B. (■(9@-5)) C. (■(9@17)) D. (■(-23@17)).
13. Two functions F and Y are defined on the set of real numbers by f(x) = x2+1 and g(x) = x-2, find fog A. x2+4x-5 B. x2-4x+5 C. x2-1 D. x-1
14. An operation * is defined on the set, R, of real number by p*q = p+q+2pq. If the identity element is zero. Find the value of P for which the operation has no universe A. (-1)/2 B. 0 C. 2/3 D.2
15. Consider the statement:
p: Musa is short
q: Musa is brilliant. Which of the following represent the statement “Musa is short but not brilliant A. Pvq B. P v~q C. P ^~q D. p^q
16. If f(x) = 4/x-1, x≠0, find f-1(7) A. (-3)/7 B. 0 C. 1/2 D. 4
17. What is the angle between a = (3i-4j) and b = (6i-4j) A. 13 B. 87 C. 100 D. 110
18. A binary operation * is defined on the set R, of red numbers by a*b = ab/4.
19. Find the value √2 * √6 A. √3 B. (3√2)/4 C. √3/2 D. √2/2
20. Two functions f and g are defined by f(x) = 3x-1 and g(x) = 2×3, evaluate fg(-2) A. – 49 B. -47 C. -10 D. -9
21. If f (x) = 1/2x, x ≠ 2. Find f-1 ((-1)/2) A. 4 B. 0 C.-2 D.-4’
22. If a = (■(3@2)) and b = (■(-3@5)) find a vector C such that 4a + 3c = b A. (■(3@-1)) B. (■(-5@-1)) C. (■(-5@1)) D. (■(-5@-9))
23. Calculate correct to one decimal place, the angle between 5i+12j and 2i+3j A. 54.8+0 B. 56.30 C. 66.4 D. 76.3
24. Given that p = 4i+3j, find the unit vector in the director of P A. 1/3 (4i+3j) B. 1/3 (3i+4j) C. 1/5 (3i+4j) D. 1/5 (4i+3j).
25. A function F is defined on R, the set real numbers by F(x) = (x+3)/(x-1), x≠2, find F-1 A. (2x+3)/(x-1) B. (x+3)/(x+R) C. (x-1)/(2x+3) D. (x-2)/(x+3).
26. Two statement are represented by P and q as follows
p: He is brilliant
q: He is regular in classwhich of the following statement he is regular in class but dull? A. qv~p B. q^~p C. ~q^~p D. ~qv~p
27. A binary operation * is defined on the set R, of real number by a*b = a2+b+ab. Find the value of x for which 5*x=37 A. 37 B. 2 C. -2 D. 7
28. Given that (AC) ⃗= 2i+5j, find (BC) ⃗ A. -7i-8j B. -3j+2j C. 3i-2j D. 3i+8j
29. If P = (■(2@-2)) and q = (■(3@4)) find |q-1/p p| A. 2√2 B. √3 C. 5 D. √2 9
30. Find the value of constant K for which a=4j-kj and b = 3i + 8j are perpendicular A. 2/3 B. 3/2 C. 2 D. 3.
31. If (OA) ⃗ = 3I+4j and (OB) ⃗ = 5i-6j where O is the origin and m is the mid-point of (AB) ⃗, find (OM) ⃗ A. -2i-10j B. -2i+2j C. 4i-j D. 4i+j
32. Find the direction consine of the vector 4i-3j A. 9/10, 27/10 B. √17/17, – √17/17 C. 4/5, – 3/5 D. (3√10)/10, √10/10
33. The function F and g are defined on the set, R, of real numbers by f(x)=x2-x-6, g(x) = x-1. Find fg(3) A. -8 B. -6 C. -4 D. -3.
34. Find the unit vector in the director of -5i + 12j A. 1/13(-5i-12j) B. 1/13(5i-12j) C. 1/13 1-5i + 12j) D. 1/13 (5i+12j).
35. Find, correct to two decimal places the acute angle between P = (■(12@4)) , q = (■(12@5)) A. 23.52 B. 24.50 C. 29.52 D. 29.82
36. Find the value of K if P= (2k+1)i + 3j, q = -5i + (k-4)j and p.q = 11 A. 3 B. 4 C. -4 D. -3
37. A binary operation is defined on the set of real numbers, R, by a*b = (a+b)/√ab, where a ≠ 0, b ≠ 0 evaluate -3*-1 A. (-4√3)/3 B. (-4√2)/3 C. (-3)/4 D. 3/4
38. Calculate the positive value of X if 5i + 5xj and qi-xj are perpendicular A. -3 B. -9 C. 3 D. 5
39. If a = 2i-3j+4k and b = i+2j-2k. Find a x b A. 2i+8j-7k B. 02i+8j+7k C. -2i-8j-7k D. 8i+2j-7k.
40. Calculate the area of the parallelogram spanned by vectors a=i+j-2k and b=2i-3j+4k A. √29 B. √69 C. √93 D. √125.
41. Given the vector p = i+2j+3k and q = 3i+5j+3k, find the unit vector in the direction of p-q A. 1/√10 (-2i-3j) B. 1/√13 (-2i-3j) C. 1/√13 (2i+3j) D. 1/√13(2i-3j).
42. Find the inverse of ‘a’ under the binary operation * defined by; a*b = a+b+ab, where a and b are real numbers A. a^(-1)/a B. (a-1)/a C. a/(a-1) D. (-a)/(a+1)
Three vectors a,b and c are mutually perpendicular, |b| = 1 and |c| = √2. If the vectors p = 2a+3b+4c, q=a+2b-3c are perpendicular.
Determine the magnitude of q
b. Show that the vectors ∪=2i+3j-6k, V = 6i+2j+3k and w=3i-6j-2k are mutually perpendicular, and find the unit vectors, U, V and W in the direction of U, V and W respectively.
2. Given that p = (■(5@3)), q = (■(-1@2)) r = (■(17@5)) and r = α P+βq, where α and β are scalars express q in terms of r and p
b. A binary operation is defined by a*b = ab. If a*2 = 2-a, find the possible value of a.
3. If f(x) = 2x/(x-4), x≠4 and g(x) = ax2+bx. Given that g(3) = 9 and that gf(2) = 14, find the value of a and b.
b. A binary operation * is defined by a*b = a+b+1 for real numbers a and b. find the inverse of the real number 7 under the operation *, if the identity element is -1
4. Given that a=3i+2j, b=4i+5j and c= xi + uj, when x and μ and scalars, find x and μ are scalars, find x and μ if 2a+3b = c
b. Given that a = I + j – k, b = 2i + 3j + 4k and c = 5i-4j-3k find
i. 2a + 3b – 5c
ii. a + b – c
A unit vector in the direction of a + b – c
5. Given that F (x) = 2x – 3
g (x) = ax-5 and fg (2) = 3 find the value of a
b. A binary operation * is defined on the set R of real number by a*b = a+b- 2ab, where a,b ∈ R.
i. Find the identity element of under the operation *
ii. Determine the inverse under 4
6. The adjacent sides of a parallelogram and PQ = 4i + 3j + K, PR = 5i + 2j + 3k. Find the area of the parallogram
b. The vertices of a triangle have position vectors 3i-2j+7k, 2i+4j+k and 5i+3j-2k. find the area of the triangle.
7. If a = 3i-2j +k
B = 2i+ 4j – 3k
Find a x b (b) |a x b|
b. Two binary operation are defined as m*n = mn – n-1 and M (x) = mn+n = Mn-n-1 numbers m, n find the value of 3 (x) (4*5)
That is all for now- You can visit our E-learning section to practice several questions and win cash prizes on a weekly basis-Click here*NEW UPDATE
** GET Ultimate Bet9ja Hacks and Secretes to Win #100K Daily (Grab your copy #2000 Only)- CLICK HERE
** NigeriaLoom.com is now on Telegram. Join our Telegram channel (@CCNWORLDTECH and stay updated with the latest headlines--CLICK HERE
Cccnworldtech works assiduously by integrating lots of effort and resources in our content delivery system, providing our readers with plagiarism-free articles, original and high-quality write-ups. We strongly advise that Contents on this website may not be copied, republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. Don't know the consequences of copyright infringement? Check Here. In an effort to protect our intellectual properties, we will instantly report your website to Google without prior notice and your website be removed from search engines and you may receive a strike. All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).