English Language Exam Questions for Junior School students (JSS1)
These English questions have been compiled to serve as a reference material to aid teachers set tests and examination questions without much stress.
School pupils/tutors will find it very helpful in revision and exam preparation.
Class: JSS 1 Time: 1 hour 30min Subject: English Language
Read the passage carefully and answer the questions correctly
>Do You Want To Receive Update As Soon As We Publish? join our Telegram Channel stay updated with the latest headlines--CLICK HERE
MY FIRST DAY AT SCHOOL
My name is John. My first day at Hope Secondary School was an eventful one. As it is natural for every student to remember the first day at school, I can remember vividly the things that happened.
It was my father who prepared the way for my admission to the school. He collected the admission forms and my mother filled them in. I wrote the entrance examination some four weeks afterwards. The results were released and my name was first on the list of successful candidates. My sisters and my parents were very happy.
Hope school was an old and well-known school in my locality. It has gigantic buildings with a large compound filled with beautiful well-arranged flower.
I felt nervous at first because of the large crowd of people around on the first day. Most parents especially mothers accompanied their children to school, the atmosphere of the school was bustling and lively with new and returning students alongside teachers.
When I was enrolled, I went to my class. My teacher asked of my name, home address and age. I answered her questions quickly and she was impressed.
Lexis and structure
- There are eight part of speech in English language, name them
- Give one example of each part of speech mentioned
- What is an objective
- An adverb qualifies a _____________
- ___ replaces a noun
- If you want to show the position of something in relation to another, you use
- Wao! Is an example of __________
- Underline nouns in the sentence below
- The fisherman caught much fishes in his net into boat (ii) school is a place where formal loess takes place
- Complete the table below
Complete the sentences with the correct word in the bracket (in, on, slowly, slow, across)
- Pass those papers ____________ to the back benchers
- It is not good to read ______ the sun
- Teachers should write note _______ the board for us
- She writes ________________________
- She is a ________ learner
- Give a brief description of yourself and your location from the school
That is all for now- You can visit our E-learning section to practice several questions and win cash prizes on a weekly basis-Click hereJOIN US @TELEGRAM TO RECEIVE UPDATE CLICK HERE
>Get all Recruitment and Aptitude test Past Questions and Answers Now--CLICK HERE ____________________________________________________________________